reading audio disks

jill39

Estimable
Feb 21, 2014
I have some songs, some written by my now deceased husband, copied onto disk from my computer, but in MVA format. I downloaded "Switch and converted them to WAV., but I am still unable to play them . Is there anything else I can do? I have a pc and a Macbook.
ps. I have just discovered they are protected, which is ridiculous as they are not commercial recordings. How can this happen, and can I remove this protection?

Hjgrove

Honorable
Dec 8, 2013
Hi there, are you trying to play this on a cd player?
If you are check the cd player supports the disk you have wrote it too for e.g (CD-RW), Normally says on the cd
(Had this issue myself) :D

jill39

Estimable
Feb 21, 2014
No. They won't play on any computer. They were originally recorded by my husband , from his keyboard onto a floppy disk, which I then copied, on my previous PC onto a CD, on which they played fine from the disk. It appears that they were protected to play only on that PC only. How this happened I have no idea. Now they won't play on anything.

Hjgrove

Honorable
Dec 8, 2013
It appears to me as if they are write protected, but write protected should still be readable...
Does the cd pick up the disk because it could be a faulty cd drive. test it on another pc and see if that works.
If it is still doing the same thing and is not playing the cd, there's three more options:
1. The cd drive is badly scratched and wont play
2. Burn it by using Windows Media Player as this correctly burns it into a "Playable" file, because normal files wont play if not burnt as a Audio Disk
3. The disk is corrupt and therefore you need to drag the music onto the computer by right clicking and clicking "Explore" and drag your music into your files and then you need to "Format" the disk you can do this by right clicking on the cd drive while the disk is inside it and then click "Format..." After that click "start"
Once this has finished open "Windows Media Player" and burn you music back on to your cd as a audio disk
Hope this helps