Really bad distortion sound.

Cra4t1

Estimable
Dec 15, 2015
I've been getting this really weird distortion sound since I got a new headset. At first my headset broke, and I went to get a new pair 2 days ago. I went to get a new pair because I thought the distortion sound was a fault from the headset. I come back with a new pair and there is still a distortion sound and low audio quality on YouTube Videos. Currently I am using the Astro A40 Audio Jack headset, and positive it isn't the headset's fault. When I'm watching a video, it's like the sound is inverted. If there is background music to the video, the music is mainly playing and the person talking is in the background (supposed to be a person talking, and the music in background) followed with really bad quality and bad distortion (glitching sounds, bad quality, etc.)
I have also noticed that the music playing is not glitchy at all, except everything else is REALLY bad, basically if there is more than one audio playing in a video example: a person talking while theres music, one of them is very distorted and bad quality, while the other isn't. If there is only a person talking in the video, there is not really any distortion.

I've tried
Reinstalling different Realtek Drivers
Disabling Enhancements
Trying different ports (front and back ports)
Messing with audio settings
Messing with computer settings
Updating browsers
Changing browsers
Disabling Addons

I've restarted many times and can't seem to find the problem, because I used to have a Logitech G430 headset, which worked perfectly, I just don't know why a new headset causes this.
Is it because the G430 used a USB and the Astro A40's I have are 2 different audio jacks?

Thanks,
Cra4t

Cra4t1

Estimable
Dec 15, 2015

I think I fixed it by using the USB adapter from my former Logitech G430, thanks!

That's not a fix, that's a patch. If the USB soundcard works, there's an issue with your integrated sound that you should fix. First try resetting all the sound options to their defaults and then from there you can see if there's a software or hardware problem (motherboard might be broken)