Solved! Realtek HD Audio driver Windows 10/11 issue

newbie98

Estimable
Jan 9, 2018
Hello guys. Today I updated to Windows 11 and I thought that maybe after the update I wont face the same problem with the audio. I have an ASUS TUF Gaming F15 for around 2 months. I have always had pretty low sound on it, even tho it has DTS X Ultra, which did not make any difference when turned on. Instead of Realtek HD Audio driver in Device Manager I have Realtek (R) Audio driver, which I do not want. I noticed that when I install Realtek HD Audio driver the sound of my speaker is significantly better and I have the option to enhance it, while when I have the Realtek (R) Audio driver, there is no option menu for enhancement in the properties of the driver. My problem is that I cannot keep the Realtek HD Audio driver, since it removes itself from device manager alone right after I instal it. I've tried several things today for 5 hours, most of which went in restarting the laptop. I have installed these files: https://www.realtek.com/en/component/zoo/advanced-search/503?Itemid=276. Then I realised these are only codecs ( they didnt work out anyways ). Then I installed this: https://www.intel.com/content/www/u...driver-for-windows-10-64-bit-for-nuc11pa.html . And right after installing it I see the HD Audio driver for awhile, and then it dissapears and 5 mins after, Realtek (R) Audio driver appears on its place. I tried stopping the automatic driver update from: "My computer -> Properties -> Advanced -> Hardware -> Device Installation Settings -> No. But the audio driver kept installing. I tried uninstalling it so many times, but it kept coming back. It's probably haunted, idk.. I could use some help on this, because it seems like it has some pretty easy solution, which I am unaware of.

Last edited:
Solution
That is strange. Try installing it in Safe Mode, and when restarting, restart to Safe Mode again. Maybe that will change something.

Is this a home-built computer, or is there a manufacturer you can download the driver from instead of going directly to Intel or Realtek's websites?

And, since this is an upgrade, you can always try a clean install of Windows which does solve weird issues like this.

mrmike16

Honorable
That is strange. Try installing it in Safe Mode, and when restarting, restart to Safe Mode again. Maybe that will change something.

Is this a home-built computer, or is there a manufacturer you can download the driver from instead of going directly to Intel or Realtek's websites?

And, since this is an upgrade, you can always try a clean install of Windows which does solve weird issues like this.

Solution