Solved! Realtek Audio Driver Error Code 10

lyingriotman

Prominent
Nov 4, 2017
Hello,

Earlier today, I bumped into my computer while it was running and causing it to freeze. I restarted it with the exterior button on the case and now my audio is no longer working. I checked some forums and tried a couple things with services and device manager, but I got nothing but some extra information.
After installing my Realtek audio drivers from a download, I checked device manger to find they did not appear. Curious, I restarted again and nothing changed. This time, I installed the drivers from Legacy Hardware in device manager. They did appear although I was met with error code 10. I rechecked my services, unplugged my headset, and restarted. My efforts yielded no results.

I tried my best and now I'm asking for some extra help, thank you.

Solution
I have done it! Took me nearly three days but apparently my BIOS needed to be updated. I don't know if it was unique to me or not so I'll tag this with my mobo: ASUS Maximus Hero VIII. I also updated my chipset so I don't know which one it was. If someone else has the same problem, try both.

lyingriotman

Prominent
Nov 4, 2017
I've found that I have two audio controllers: one for onboard audio and the other for my GPU. I use DVI-D though so it's not extremely important. The audio controller for the nvidia drivers will start, but not the one from Realtek. It might be a problem with my plug-and-play as well, since my USB is not formatted or detected by my computer. I'll try a clean install of my C: drive and see if that works.

Any help would be appreciated.

lyingriotman

Prominent
Nov 4, 2017
I have done it! Took me nearly three days but apparently my BIOS needed to be updated. I don't know if it was unique to me or not so I'll tag this with my mobo: ASUS Maximus Hero VIII. I also updated my chipset so I don't know which one it was. If someone else has the same problem, try both.

Solution

johnklam12

Prominent
Nov 27, 2017

How does one go about updating bios or chipsets? I have an ASUS X555LAB and I am also having similar issues with the Realtek audio driver. I get the code 10 error, and sometimes the driver doesn't even show up in device manager