Reboot and Select proper Boot device...ect or top left blinking cursor after bios splash

xisle120

Honorable
Mar 29, 2013
Okay so while I was at work one day, my daughter knocked my laptop off a stand about a foot off the ground and it landed on a carpeted surface. It worked for a short period of time after that maybe a hour or so, then crashed and won't turn on since. I orginally thought that it could be the hard drive and that the fall damaged the platters, or arm. I have replaced the hard drive with both a SSD and traditional platter hard drive, and used a backup recovery disc to restore the harddrives to a baseline image I had. The recovery completes successfully, but once it restarts it loads the BIOS splash page, but will either load a black screen with a blinking cursor in the top left or if I hit some keys it will say the "reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key". I am using an Asus G73SW laptop every hard drive i've attempted to put in it is detected by the BIOS. I've verified both the boot order, and have tried restoring defaults to optimized settings, i've also removed the CMOS battery for about 1minute, I have tried different SATA connections as well, and completly took my laptop apart making sure everything has been seated correctly. Nothing has worked so far. Please any help would be greatly appreciated.