reboot error laptop

anhhung408

Prominent
Nov 4, 2017
i follow the instruction , my laptop just pop up the “ reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selectet boot device and press akey

Solution
Also possible is that the system thinks there is no hard drive or operating system because the BIOS was told to not use a particular drive containing the master boot record as a boot device. Should the button battery on a desktop PC run low (I don't know if a laptop has the same thing, but it would have something equivalent) the CMOS setup might fail and cause this (the CMOS would essentially "forget" what its settings are). In that case you may want to add a new battery and tell the CMOS to reset, followed by the the HDD setup info Nick501 gave. Basically this is just saying to not only do the diagnostics he lists, it is saying consider that this may happen again if a simple battery change is required and not done. Without the...

Nick501

Commendable
Sep 23, 2016

You either have no hard drive installed or this is not an operating system present on the drive. When you start the laptop there should be a series of options at the bottom of the screen (These will go away quickly) but one of them will be diagnostics (often the F2 key)

Once in the diagnostics menu run a Hard Drive quick check and it will give you information on whether or not the hard drive is working properly, or if it isn't detecting one at all. In the event that it doesn't give you some sort of error get into the boot menu (often F9 or F12) upon seeing the logo on the screen. From here select HDD as your boot device if such option is available. If the option is not available you need to install an operating system on the drive.

LinuxDevice

Prominent
May 20, 2017
Also possible is that the system thinks there is no hard drive or operating system because the BIOS was told to not use a particular drive containing the master boot record as a boot device. Should the button battery on a desktop PC run low (I don't know if a laptop has the same thing, but it would have something equivalent) the CMOS setup might fail and cause this (the CMOS would essentially "forget" what its settings are). In that case you may want to add a new battery and tell the CMOS to reset, followed by the the HDD setup info Nick501 gave. Basically this is just saying to not only do the diagnostics he lists, it is saying consider that this may happen again if a simple battery change is required and not done. Without the BIOS/CMOS running correctly boot device settings will not behave correctly.

Solution

Nick501

Commendable
Sep 23, 2016

That is a possible issue on an older laptop (they use the same CMOS technology) the best way to know if this is the issue is to check the system time that is generally displayed in the BIOS to see if it is keeping up or not. If the time is incorrect then the CMOS battery is running low and it could quite possibly be the problem.