Receiver showing 5.1 DD but no sound

PhunkySKunk

Distinguished
May 12, 2009
first off let me tell you what im running into . I have my computer hooked up to my surround sound via optical and use mpc hc as my video player. i can not get DD 5.1 sound to work. strange thing is that on my amp it says its in DD 5.1 but no sound comes out. i was playing around with ac3filter and still can not get any sound. im just using the built in audio on my gigabyte board. any help would be great as i hate watching movies and videos in stereo or pro logic knowing i can have 5.1 sound. i can give more details on hardware and the such if needed.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Audio 0
D Audio 0
R Audio 1
H Audio 0
P Audio 2
H Audio 3
Wiggum1623 Audio 0
S Audio 0
G Audio 5
bbbdave Audio 0
C Audio 1
AaronChi Audio 1
E Audio 0
F Audio 1
M Audio 2
B Audio 2
C Audio 2
T Audio 1
M Audio 2
W Audio 4
Similar threads
Question hdmi out from PS5, want to split audio out to a yamaha receiver for 5 channel sound, over RCA connectors
Question Cannot receive audio between Yamaha RX-V367 and Samsung TU700D
Question No 5.1 audio getting to my Receiver via HDMI to TV as PC sees the TV has only 2 speakers
Question HDMI from PC to receiver stuck in 2 channel
Question How can I add a flash drive port to my Yamaha AV HTR -5950 receiver?
Question How to stream audio and video to multiple receivers.
Question Audio Cutting in and Out - Sony Receiver
Question Yamaha AV Receiver Remote not working
Question does anyone know about vintage receivers
Question Pioneer VSX-LX303 Dropping video
Solved! Does anyone have any suggestions on a good audio converters that r reasonably priced/any tips on how I should set up my home theatre?
Solved! Onkyo TX-NR609 - DVD player to Zone 2 connection question
Question Simultaneous BT Send & Receive interface device?
Solved! How to connect Bose wireless speakers to a receiver?
Question Is there a way to get a receiver to switch to AV1 when switched off?
I have a Yamaha RX-V483 Receiver, it powered on fora split second and then shut down. The power indicator light shows power. W
On screen display from receiver dosent show up on my 4k tv
Help. NO rear sound! 5.1 Receiver shows DTS mode on. Rear speakers work in other occasions.
Can this surround sound receiver/system be used to listen to t/v shows and my xbox 360???
Yamaha RX V375 Receiver: Shows "not available " Message when trying to configure the Speakers

ASK THE COMMUNITY