Receiver Yamaha RX-V381 - Speaker impedances

Leirodov

Estimable
Sep 29, 2015
Hello,

I'm setting up a 4.1 sound system as shown below.

-Yamaha Receiver RX-V381.
-Subwoofer Pioneer SW-8MK2.
-2 built-in speakers Loud. Impedance: 8 ohms. These are built in the ceiling.

There are 2 frontal speakers that i need to buy to complete this set up. So here come my questions:

-Can this receiver be set to allow different impedance per speaker (or pair of speakers)? I know I can set the impedance in the receiver settings, but I'm not sure if that impedance must be the same for all speakers or even if it's possible to regulate the impedance for each speaker.
-Can i utilize 6 ohms impedance frontal speakers without harming any component or even losing sound quality?
-Would you have any suggestions of speakers that could fit well in this set up?

Thank you.

Solution
1. You can use any combination of speakers so long as 6 ohms is the lowest impedance of them.
2. If there is a setting in the menu for speaker impedance set it to the lowest impedance of all the speakers.
3. Yes you can use 6 ohm fronts. No loss of quality or harm done.
4. You need three front speakers to complete the 5.1 set up. Which ones depend one your budget and taste.
Go to a store and listen to some. You don't need to match the sub or surrounds but the three fronts should be voiced to work together. Makes a big difference. There will be a matching center for any make and model of left and right fronts you choose.
1. You can use any combination of speakers so long as 6 ohms is the lowest impedance of them.
2. If there is a setting in the menu for speaker impedance set it to the lowest impedance of all the speakers.
3. Yes you can use 6 ohm fronts. No loss of quality or harm done.
4. You need three front speakers to complete the 5.1 set up. Which ones depend one your budget and taste.
Go to a store and listen to some. You don't need to match the sub or surrounds but the three fronts should be voiced to work together. Makes a big difference. There will be a matching center for any make and model of left and right fronts you choose.

Solution