I have an Asus ux501 with Intel HD graphics 4600, although under display adapters in the device manager, an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M appears. I do not know much but i guess it is a graphics card problem (or a processor). I really cant tell, even scrolling down pages dont do so smoothly. Any help is appreciated!!
Here are some troubleshooting steps that may help.
- Start by adjusting the resolution of your screen to the recommended settings.
- Next to try is to set NVIDIA as the default graphics card. Please use the link below for the complete guide. https/nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2615/kw/setting%20nvidia%20as%20the%20graphics%20card
- If these doesn't work do uninstall/reinstall the graphics card driver.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall the NVIDIA graphics driver.
- Check Programs and Features as well and uninstall anything related to NVIDIA.
- Once done, download and install the latest driver from the manufacturers site.
- Here's the link: nvidia.com/download/index.aspx
- Reboot your laptop once the latest driver has been installed.
- Do test your laptop again after the reboot and see if there will be any difference.