Solved! recently my dell pc had a BIOS update since then its fan is not working so how i can i turn it on

Mar 11, 2018
when the updates were installing laptop was charging before the instalment of update i receive a message that it could affect the fan but i ignored and select the install button

Solution
If the laptop does not overheat under load, then you should be delighted. Less fan at idle means lower noise and slower accumulation of dust so less maintenance.

Normally, Dell laptop BIOS updates make things louder, to try to reduce RMA issues after some unexpected overheating problems are found after release. In the most egregious example, they turned the fans on G84 and G86 equipped laptops to full blast all of the time after all of them turned out to be defective, in hopes of delaying the onset of the problem until they were just out of warranty.

BFG-9000

Respectable
Sep 17, 2016
If the laptop does not overheat under load, then you should be delighted. Less fan at idle means lower noise and slower accumulation of dust so less maintenance.

Normally, Dell laptop BIOS updates make things louder, to try to reduce RMA issues after some unexpected overheating problems are found after release. In the most egregious example, they turned the fans on G84 and G86 equipped laptops to full blast all of the time after all of them turned out to be defective, in hopes of delaying the onset of the problem until they were just out of warranty.

Solution