recomended action cams that can be mounted in a car

thehardwarehacker

Honorable
Nov 11, 2013
hi y'all, im interested in getting a small action can that can be mounted in a cart without too much difficulty, for what i want to do, it needs to record in 1080p, 30 or 60 FPS doesn't really matter, and it needs to have a display. i have found this www.amazon.com/Activeon-Action-Camera-Onyx-Black/dp/B015UOUEKG, its cheap and looks like it will do what i want,, but im looking for some community feed back. id rater not have to spring for the more expensive gopro with a display if i dont have to.

thehardwarehacker

Honorable
Nov 11, 2013

i have some ideas for videos that i want to make inside of my car, and the camera is going to be pointed at me/ the front of the car. currently i only have full sized DSLR.

navalweaponsofficer

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2012
Assuming $99 is your price point It is tough to make a recommendation they will all be about the same. You may need something you can adjust the exposure settings on since it will be facing the interior which maybe problematic trying to the light right and keeping it right. while driving. Maybe something with a CLP filter?

thehardwarehacker

Honorable
Nov 11, 2013

well, thats at least a start, i can look into cameras with CLP filter, and see what i find.

navalweaponsofficer

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2012
Sorry CPL truthfully I am mot even sure it would do anything I think it may be a trial and error thing because of lighting conditions. Heck it may not matter at all and the lighting will be Just fine with nothing. more just something to think about.