Recommend a decent laptop for around 570 euros

Tehdude

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2010
Hello, I'm looking for a decently powerful machine for around 570 euros. I'm in a pretty remote location (Latvia, Europe), so I don't an absurd lot of possibilities. I'm going to be using it mostly when I'm at university, but I also need a proper GPU. I've heard ThinkPads have pretty good build quality, but my only manufacturer preference is anything that isn't Acer. I know people who've problems with their build quality. I'm probably going for 15.6" (native 1366 x 768) screen and something that isn't lacking in one department (a lot of great laptops have, for some reason, 3GB ram, which adds extra expenses if I want to upgrade that).

So far I've found these two to be pretty okayish:

Link in Latvian
i3-2330M
15.6"
3GB RAM
500GB HDD
GT 540M
---
484 EURO

Link in Latvian
i5-2430M
15.6"
4GB RAM
500GB HDD
GT 540M
---
564 EURO

I'm pretty sure they've got the model wrong (it looks more like K53SV), but I could be terribly wrong.

As you can see, it's a solid 80 euro difference. The only thing that's different between the laptops is the processor (and benchmarks don't show a HUGE improvement, they both have similar clock speed) and the RAM.

Are those decent deals, and what can you suggest? Maybe something completely different? (I'm okay with ordering at big international chains that ship here (amazon.co.uk, etc)).

Tehdude

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2010
Thanks for the reply! I was indeed wrong then about the model. I'm also perfectly fine with that resolution.

Haven't decided yet, but if the i3 model had 4gb ram I'd grab that.