Recommend a laptop

Alex123123

Estimable
Jan 23, 2015
Hello, i need to purchase a new laptop and have spent the good part of a week and cannot come to a conclusion with so many variants out there.
My main requirements are streaming 60fps video (for example youtube), a reasonable quality screen (good colours, 15.6 inch and does not need to be 1080p). Finally i would like it to be as quite/cool as possible (i think avoiding amd laptops for this).
Could you give me any recommendation thank you.

planesman22

Estimable
Mar 14, 2015

The dell xps 15 is too expensive for his needs.

planesman22

Estimable
Mar 14, 2015

It should work fine for small projects. I'd use a dedicated graphics such as a Nividia GTX, Nividia Quadros(expensive), or a good AMD card instead of integrated graphics card(Your HD 5500) for professional use.

In a nutshell, running Cad softwares such as SolidWorks really depend on the level of your project, the more complex it is(a bunch of machine assemblies and gazzilion of faces)- the more graphic intensive thus the better the graphics card is needed.

wifislow

Estimable
Apr 14, 2015
I wanna stick to these pc, please help me to choose. All Dell's
i3148 (i3 Intel HD 4400)
i7348 (i7, Intel HD 5500),
XPS 13

My preference will be i3148...but i m not sure

out of the 2 the i3 is the better choice as all you are doing is streaming video which the hd 4400 can easily handle. All you have to make sure is that it has enough ram so that it can run the os as well.

wifislow

Estimable
Apr 14, 2015

According to Youtube, HD 4400 can run gta v.. quite smooth.
And on my other post.. Phillip Corcoran replied me that GTA V is heavier than AutoCAD.. I suppose I am getting the i3148 for my gaming (GTA) and CAD work... right?

:lol:

Okay I'm sucks. 4400 can't run GTA.. faked by someone..

Which one can?

The dell xps 13 is too weak to play gta 5. You will need a laptop with a gpu equivalent to a gtx 660

CzeK

Estimable
Sep 6, 2014

So what's your purpose? You want to play game or work? If you have money and just want to work, go find mobile workstation models such as Dell Precision, Elitebook W, Thinkpad W, ... with graphics card for pro designer (Quadro, Firepro). If you just only want to play (or play more than work) then go find gaming model : MSI, CyberPower, Origin, iBuyPower, ... with gaming graphics card (GTX GDDR5 not GT DDR3).

wifislow

Estimable
Apr 14, 2015

Oh my fault.. I should be more clear..

GTA 5 and Autocad are two heavy program I wanna run on my laptop. Gaming and work purpose are half-half.

And GTA 5 is more graphic demanding than Autocad, right? SO I suppose a laptop that can run GTA 5 will run Autocad as well.

Thanks