recommend laptop cooling?

Leyha

Prominent
Feb 21, 2017
can someone choose me best cooler from amazon? because i dont know which better,

my laptop is asus rog gl503

Solution

As long as the laptop is getting air from its sides and underneath, it should be fine. It will be operating within manufacturer's design parameters. I leave my work laptop on 24x7 for months on end. You can download an app that checks on the temperature of you internal parts, if you want to do so. Before you buy a cooler, you can try one out at a store, but find the few you are interested in and perform searches to get customer reviews. Don't trust Amazon to report accurately, go to...

studmoose

Prominent
Feb 27, 2017
Is your current CPU cooling fan not working? Often, they get clogged with dust and hair, and just need a good cleaning. You can hold up a vacuum to the exhaust port and try sucking out the dirt, then blowing into it firmly a few times -or- open the case and manually inspect its cleanliness and functionality.

marksavio

Prominent
Dec 23, 2017
ive owned 3 gaming laptops over the years. latest one being the MSI GS43VR coz i wanted one for my travels on a 14" size. coolers for gaming laptops have little to no benefit imo. modern gaming laptops have improved so much in terms of cooling like taking advantage of copper heatsinks in slimmer laptop builds. the really good ones will only improve overall temps to an of average 3-5C and doesnt improve on fan noise. as long as you have it on top of a solid base is fine enough (eg. never on top of a carpet or your bed).

studmoose

Prominent
Feb 27, 2017

I second that. That is why I assumed she was having problems with the CPU fan. The coolers seem to be a waste, they're clunky, slightly noisy, and make it a little more difficult to use the keyboard. My daughter put her Macbook Pro on the bed, when using it... needless to say she didn't listen to me and it was so clogged that it required a trip to AppleCare. 15 minutes later, they cleaned it out.

Leyha

Prominent
Feb 21, 2017
my fan cpu is working fine but i just want to add another cooling to keep my laptop cool

is external cooling not worth? because I just want my laptop safe because the cooling price is only about 5$ or 70$ and the price of the laptop is around 1000$

studmoose

Prominent
Feb 27, 2017

As long as the laptop is getting air from its sides and underneath, it should be fine. It will be operating within manufacturer's design parameters. I leave my work laptop on 24x7 for months on end. You can download an app that checks on the temperature of you internal parts, if you want to do so. Before you buy a cooler, you can try one out at a store, but find the few you are interested in and perform searches to get customer reviews. Don't trust Amazon to report accurately, go to external sites for reviews. Some stuff you order from there might be marked as new, but might be returns or gently used items. You want low noise, low vibration, and something that is not too thick.

With laptops, the one thing you want to always do is to pick up a laptop with both hands, whether running, warm or not. Picking up or holding a laptop with one hand causes the case to flex ever so slightly. Over the course of time, the solder might start to separate from your GPU and mainboard, which is often soldered towards the front right of the open laptop. This is one of the main causes of laptop failure.

Solution