Recommend me a good laptop 400£

duksterik

Estimable
Sep 14, 2015
Hello,

I'm looking for a laptop which will cost around 400£ and has shipping available to UK.
The laptop's main use will be photo editing and storing files. No gaming whatsoever.
Programs I use: Photoshop, Lightroom, Browsing the internet.

So what are my expectations:

• ■ 6GB to 8GB of RAM
    ■ At least 700GB HDD, preferably 1TB (for future, possible to upgrade to an SSD)
    ■ A good processor, it's not that important part (not a hot one though)
    ■ 15.6" screen
    ■Durability, because i'm always on the move
    ■No need for a stand-alone GPU card, integrated is totally OK!
    ■Preferably Lenovo, heard good things about them and my gf is also pleased with her Lenovo.
    ■The laptop should have preinstalled windows, but if it doesn't, I think I can manage without.
I don't have any preference where the laptop is bought, just that it needs to be shipped to UK.
At the moment i'm in Edinburgh, so if someone knows good tech stores with affordable prices somewhere near, please tell.

I found something like that but that doesn't ship here: http://www.amazon.com/Lenovo-80E502J1US-15-6-Laptop/dp/B011HNT1OO/ref=sr_1_22?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1441985408&sr=1-22&refinements=p_n_availability%3A1248800011%2Cp_74%3A40000-99999%2Cp_36%3A2421887011

Will be waiting for your replies, thanks :)

Solution

Artiqz

Estimable
Sep 12, 2015

I'm not the most knowledgeable person regarding laptops, but I recently bought mine from http://www.pc.co.uk

You can customize your specs, chassis and they build it for you and ship it. Very good, and I saved a lot of money using them rather than building my own/buying a prebuilt one. Worth a look.

Solution

duksterik

Estimable
Sep 14, 2015

Thanks a bunch, went that way! Although after ordering they said they dont have 1 component and that's going to get there on 2. november. Kinda bummer what oh well, the waiting begins.
Thanks again to everyone so helpful!

Artiqz

Estimable
Sep 12, 2015

Good stuff dude. Their customer service is honestly second to none. They're extremely helpful, always prompt with replies and their forums are very active as well if you need any extra help before or after your purchase. Are you waiting to Nov 2nd for the component or did you just choose something else?