Recommend me a pair of headphones

Triaon

Honorable
Sep 19, 2013
Hey Tom's Hardware forum, i'm looking for an excellent pair of headphones that i can use for music and gaming. Since i have a condenser microphone i do not need one with microphone, i have been looking at models like Audio Technica ATH-M30.

If you have any suggestions i would like that you have tried or own a pair and what your honest thoughts about the headphone is.

Solution
read my headphone guide section "types of headphones" (yes i know the rest is a work in progress right now)

also list...

your maximum budget in usd (or where you are located and what currency)
what equipment you want to use these on (including any portable devices, soundcards or onboard sound)
if virtual surround is important to you or not (and if buying a cheap soundcard is an option)
what sound profile you like (lots of bass little treble, lots of treble little bass, more treble and bass than mids, neutral, mid-focused, etc)
if you want open vs closed headphone designs (read section in guide)

i bought my brother a pair of m30s for xmas this past year while i personally own the next step up the m50s. while agreeable that its half...
read my headphone guide section "types of headphones" (yes i know the rest is a work in progress right now)

also list...

your maximum budget in usd (or where you are located and what currency)
what equipment you want to use these on (including any portable devices, soundcards or onboard sound)
if virtual surround is important to you or not (and if buying a cheap soundcard is an option)
what sound profile you like (lots of bass little treble, lots of treble little bass, more treble and bass than mids, neutral, mid-focused, etc)
if you want open vs closed headphone designs (read section in guide)

i bought my brother a pair of m30s for xmas this past year while i personally own the next step up the m50s. while agreeable that its half the price i wouldnt trade my m50s for them. they are larger, more solidly built, comfortable and sound better. while possible to recommend something in a lower price bracket you will find most of your "good" headphones around 100-170 usd.

Solution