recommend me a phone.

mactronix

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2006
Ok so I'm going around in circles here, I'm due an upgrade soon(about 2 months)
I don't really want or need a flagship phone and thought the S3 Mini would be ok for my needs but all the reviews I can find really slate it.
I want a phone that has a good screen (something the S3 mini gets slated for)
I would like to have quick access to a good camera as I have a large family and moments soon pass you by. I don't like HTC phones really its between Sony and Samsung for me unless I'm missing something.
Please don't recommend a Windows phone.
I have looked at the Sony xperia T but its a little expensive for a last gen phone (I'm in the UK).
Is the screen on the mini really that bad ? I don't really want a big phone 4 inches is about enough for me (stop sniggering right now :p)
Should I just wait for the S4 mini and see what that is like ?

Solution
i just got the s3 mini as an upgrade in the uk

i wanted a reasonably good phone that was a free upgrade and not cost a fortune for the tariff

the s3 mini was free--£21 a month for 600 minutes--unlimited texts--500mb data

i would say it has a good screen--though some phones have a higher resolution than it i dont think the actual

screen is bad

in direct sunlight you do need to set the screen brightness up high but thats true of many devices

in actual use i have found the phone to be responsive and had no problems with it

why not go into a local store and check one out

reviews are fine but some are over critical--testing it hands on is always best as everyone has different opinions

the great randini

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2011
you won't have to wait long since it comes out tomorrow see here and you will be able to pick it up stores on sat. for a change Samsung is releasing it world wide at the same time, which is nice. the screen seems to be the biggest upgrade to it the screen see hands on review I quote"The screen is out of this world. Even at a lower PPI the 5-inch display dominates the competition. We love how Samsung has evened out the colour by default, so the usual 'OHMYGERD, the colours are too over the top!!!1!' argument is mostly moot." a screen that makes you say "OHMYGERD" Watch out.

tldr; wait and get the s4

mcnumpty23

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2011
i just got the s3 mini as an upgrade in the uk

i wanted a reasonably good phone that was a free upgrade and not cost a fortune for the tariff

the s3 mini was free--£21 a month for 600 minutes--unlimited texts--500mb data

i would say it has a good screen--though some phones have a higher resolution than it i dont think the actual

screen is bad

in direct sunlight you do need to set the screen brightness up high but thats true of many devices

in actual use i have found the phone to be responsive and had no problems with it

why not go into a local store and check one out

reviews are fine but some are over critical--testing it hands on is always best as everyone has different opinions

Solution

mactronix

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2006

Yes I do plan to go into a store and get some hands on time with some phones, that was my next move after this thread. Its good to get some real world feedback from someone who has the S3 Mini. I agree with you when you say the reviews seem very picky.

@ randini, S4 Mini not S4

Thanks for the replies so far.

Mactronix :)