Recommendations re wifi speakers please?

CarterUSM

Honorable
Jan 6, 2017
Hi

I am hoping to buy a wireless speaker in the sales, so that I can stream music from both my smartphone and tablet using Spotify, Youtube and other similar applications. Nothing too fancy, easy to set up and use, and preferably for under £150. Would prefer a wifi speaker (as opposed to Bluetooth), as I understand it’s a better medium for streaming within your home – I’m not bothered about having a portable speaker for outside use.

Not having owned a wireless speaker before, I’m looking for one for which the setup is not too laborious. I’ve devised a shortlist as follows:

Samsung R1 Multiroom 360
Sony SRS HG1
Sonos Play 1

Does anyone have any strong preferences between these three, or indeed, are there any similar speakers which you consider superior to these three? Are there any other considerations I should take into account when looking for one?

Many thanks in anticipation of your replies.

Solution
The Sonos Play1 is by far the simplest and most useful. The Sonos only uses your phone and tablet as a remote not just a source. This means that your phone doesn't have to be on to use the system. The Sonos app is excellent and free. Very well developed. Sonos will even integrate with the Spotify app. You can add an additional Play1 and set one as left and other right to get stereo.
For it's size it sounds quite good. Won't peel paint off the walls but good clarity.
The Sonos Play1 is by far the simplest and most useful. The Sonos only uses your phone and tablet as a remote not just a source. This means that your phone doesn't have to be on to use the system. The Sonos app is excellent and free. Very well developed. Sonos will even integrate with the Spotify app. You can add an additional Play1 and set one as left and other right to get stereo.
For it's size it sounds quite good. Won't peel paint off the walls but good clarity.

Solution