weinish

Estimable
Aug 20, 2015
I have a Lenovo Y40 Laptop with a realtek soundcard which can record audio.

My TV is a Panasonic. It does not have RCA outputs for Audio. Only inputs. There's a digital audio input/output.

I have a Xfinity cable box with RCA outputs, so I plugged in my RCA R/W with 3.5 mini jack, and if I connect it to speakers I get audio. But the computer will not pickup any audio output using either Audacity or TotalRecorder software.

I need to be recording audio from television to the PC for work.

Please help.

Most laptops don't have LineIn level inputs, and your Yoga could even have single combined headphones / microphone jack. So even if you can get sound into your laptop, it will be mono-only.

You can get $20 USB capture device, and you will get video capture capabilities as well as a bonus.

Note: I am not a lawyer, but you should check with your attorney the legality of what you are doing. While it is probably legal to record a TV programme for your own use, I am not sure how this applies for commercial purposes.

weinish

Estimable
Aug 20, 2015
I don't care if it's mono only. I just need the audio, which will then be edited for use on radio. Stereo sound not important.

The issue remains, I'm not getting any audio from the TV/Cable Box into the computer.

TRENDING THREADS