recording to a Magnavox DVR using a Cox mini box

mzkatzeyz

Commendable
Jun 9, 2016
In my home office I have a single coaxial cable coming directly out of the wall. I put a splitter on the cable so that my laptop and my TV both get cable service. I have a Magnavox DVR hooked up to my TV so that I can record a program that airs at the same time I’m watching a different channel or airs at a time that I’m unable to watch live. Cox has gone “all digital” in my area. How do I configure the mini box so that I can record to my DVR? Can I program a show to record on the timer?

Solution
If its the same as Time Warner then you set the cable-box to the channel you want to record and leave it on (ours doesn't have "turn on at.." feature).
Program the dvr to the time and channel that the cable-box outputs (ours is ch 2 or 3)

To watch another show while recording you will need to rent another cable-box but this can get cumbersome unless you box has an hdmi output as well as a coax. (ours does)

popatim

Splendid
If its the same as Time Warner then you set the cable-box to the channel you want to record and leave it on (ours doesn't have "turn on at.." feature).
Program the dvr to the time and channel that the cable-box outputs (ours is ch 2 or 3)

To watch another show while recording you will need to rent another cable-box but this can get cumbersome unless you box has an hdmi output as well as a coax. (ours does)

Solution