Recover a Forgotten iTunes Account Name

If you have not used your Apple device for some time and/or have not signed-in to your iTunes account for awhile, it's possible that you forgot your username. You probably want that back!

In order to recover your iTunes account name, you must open iforgot.apple.com/applied using your desktop or laptop computer, and either answer the security question that you chose while creating your account, or go for email authentication which requires you to access your associated email account.

The process to recover your forgotten iTunes account name is simple. Here is how:

■On your Windows or Mac computer, open your favorite web browser.
    ■In the address bar, type iforgot.apple.com/applied and press Enter/Return to go to the My Apple ID webpage.
    ■Under Find your Apple ID, in the right pane, populate the fields with the correct details and click Next.
    QHivEml.png

■On the next page, click to select the appropriate radio button through which you want to recover your account name. ( Email authentication in this demonstration.)
    ■Click Next to continue.
    faLJSzN.png

■Once done, wait for a minute or two, close all the windows, and open your email account, and check the email that you received from Apple.
    eKhmAFz.png

■Click the Reset Now link available within the email.
    iABu0r9.png

■Once the Create a new password interface comes up, specify the desired new password in the New Password field and re-type the password in the Confirm Password to confirm.
    ■Click Reset Password to set the new password.
    H3Y2T3a.png

■Once the password is set, on the next page, click Return to My Apple ID.
    s5dgZku.png

■When the My Apple ID interface opens up, click Manage your Apple ID.
    htPnKyV.png

■On the opened webpage, provide your current Apple ID and the new password in the appropriate fields and click Sign In to go to the next page.
    E0nk0OC.png

■On the next window, your account name is displayed under the Your Name section.

WyJGsBm.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Status
Not open for further replies.