faraway

Honorable
Oct 22, 2013
Recently i installed Advanced System Care 6 Pro and that piece of crap software automatically deleted my browsing history both on Firefox and Chrome.

i looked over online for recovery options so far i tried;

-search for index.dat file on C:
-windows system recovery
-couple of restoration programs.

none of 'em worked. i need to get those infos back. Anyone who can suggest a fix for this, any help will be appreciated.

Solution
yes pick an earlier one. If there is only today's' no. Did that clean up delete your restore points? You should have one set right before you installed that software.

Dogsnake

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2006
For Firefox: If you do not have a copy of the places.sqlite file that has your history then that history is lost. There is no other backup of the history. I never use Chrome so can offer nothing there.

faraway

Honorable
Oct 22, 2013

with easeus recovery program i found one .sqlite file that's the one ? what to do with that ?

faraway

Honorable
Oct 22, 2013

so, is there way to restore windows from an earlier point even though it shows only todays backup point ?

Dogsnake

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2006
yes pick an earlier one. If there is only today's' no. Did that clean up delete your restore points? You should have one set right before you installed that software.

Solution