Recovering notebookm after juice spill

trojsi

Honorable
Sep 1, 2012
Hi,
I'm trying to recover an Asus k52j after my friend spilled orange juice on the keyboard.

I dismantled all the peripherals mb, usb cards etc.. and rinsed them in distilled water. Inside it
didnt seem to have reached. There was only a slight corrosion that I managed to clean away easily with some surgical spirit. Allowed them to dry completely in the sun and tried again. The keyboard was dead since it did not respond so I removed it and attached a usb keyboard which worked oki.

First stages of boot were oki but the system was stuck in the 'Starting Windows ' screen.

I managed to format and install windows again the same problem it hung.

What could be the problem. Can I use some kind of live boot with diagnostics?

thanks
l

trojsi

Honorable
Sep 1, 2012
I reinstalled windows and the process was almost finished - before it was going to log in, it displayed a ud.. something error and a message said it had to log off.

When it rebooted, after the starting windows screen, it just display the traditional win 7 wallpaper for 5 seconds, there is the circular cursor and then reboots automatically.

trojsi

Honorable
Sep 1, 2012
I used the recovery option and now its oki windows booted fully and working.

The keyboard which I removed to clean is not working fully with windows (50% of the keys are working) while with a live linux distro all the keys are working. Why is this?
this morning I ordered a new keyboard online.