Recycle Cracked Screen Plasma T.V.

spy79

Estimable
Nov 4, 2014
During a recent move to my new place, my Samsung 65' Plasma Smart T.V.'s inner screen was cracked rendering it inoperable. And while it still turns on, there is no image and so, I pretty much gave up on it after many ppl advised me that it would be a better idea to purchase a new one since the repairs would cost me almost the same. My question is, doed anyone know where I can recycle it or even find someone who might be interested in buying it for parts? I need to try and get as much money back as I could. I heard eBay is a good place to offer or auction it off. Anyone have any suggestions? Thank you, All, for any and all suggestions.

Solution
The fee depends on the state. Some states require that, since they sell the item, the recycle it for free. Kind of like, oil change shops being required to accept used oil for recycling.

My state was free. It was a 50inch 4x3 DLP, and they just took it.

USAFRet

Illustrious
From BestBuy recycling:
9595G8o.png

$25 fee....and not a 65"

Maybe put it up on craigslist for free.
Ebay won't work, due to shipping.

kanewolf

Judicious
The fee depends on the state. Some states require that, since they sell the item, the recycle it for free. Kind of like, oil change shops being required to accept used oil for recycling.

My state was free. It was a 50inch 4x3 DLP, and they just took it.

Solution