Red Faction TV Show in The Works?

Status
Not open for further replies.

noodlegts

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2009
Let me just say... it wouldn't be the worst thing that's ever been made into a movie... I for one am not opposed. I remember playing the original Red Faction all the way back in high school, and it was sick.

dman3k

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
I dunno what people got to complain about. As long as they put a shower scene in the movie like in Starship Troopers, I'm not going to have a problem with it!

bloody llama

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2010
While Battlestar Galactica may be my favorite show ever, the SyFy channel also brought us things like Fringe, among other monstrosities. I just don't trust them not to butcher this.

Gin Fushicho

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2009
Personally I think it should have been a series in the first place, it's got a good story, but not so much for a game. The game its self was awesome to play though.

Kelavarus

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2009
I'm not sure why you put the BSG reboot with those two movies, makes it sound like you think they're all horrible. While the movies may be meh, the BSG reboot was good.

kingnoobe

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2008
Bloody syfy didn't bring fringe or firefly for that matter. Fox did. And both were/are great shows imo. Shame firefly got canceled at the first season, but that's just fox for you. They always throw away the great shows for some stupid reality tv crap.

Syfy though seems to become crap lately, and their new name only promotes that. Go back to sci fi.

Given that the SyFy channel is the worst thing that has ever happened to science fiction. I already know this will be garbage. They butchered MST3K and Sliders. Any other series I've seen that they produced has been unwatchable.

The only time I ever turn on SyFy is for Star Trek TNG reruns.

Hope Slayer

Distinguished
Feb 29, 2008
When Syfy (Sci-Fi) started out they were great, showing all the classic scifi movies and tv shows then suddenly after they remade Frank Herbert's Dune into a mini series (which actually was very good) they've done nothing but released shitastic movies and subpar programming.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
[citation][nom]blazeorangeman[/nom]you should get Uwe Boll to direct this to make it that much more epic...epically bad[/citation]

Seconded. No bad video game movie can be truly atrocious without Uwe Boll directing. Although Postal was actually really awesome.

tortnotes

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2009
Does anybody else hate the constant use of the word "reboot" since it was used to describe the new Star Trek movie?
Battlestar Galactica was not a reboot. It was a re-imagining.

G

Unexpected... But it could work.

I just hope they don't butcher the IP like what was done with the Doom movie. Not that I was expecting epic acting/plot from Doom, but it could have been much better than it was. Putting the demons down to a virus instead of coming from hell was a missed opportunity- could have done all sorts of cool demonic/supernatural stuff if they were from hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.