Red+White to Black, Or Green to Green composite cable?

thebobizzle

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2012
I just got a new speaker system that has both a single auxiliary cable output and a white+red composite cable. Does one get better sound than the other? If so, are certain brands of cables better than other? For example... Will my 5 dollar composite cable work just as well as everything else? Thank you!

smirkycoast

Honorable
Feb 21, 2012
The 3.5mm auxiliary cable is a TRS, tip-ring-sleeve connector, which provides stereo in\output- RCA connecters are stereo as well. You won't notice any difference in sound quality between the two. The 3.5mm cables are on the whole cheaper. You could even get a Y-cable, with RCA on one end and a 3.5 connector on the other. Stereo makers usually are nice and provide multiple-out standards.
Your 5 dollar cable will perform perfectly :D

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
N Audio 0
MySmartTVBox Audio 2
S Audio 1
M Audio 1
A Audio 2
slightlyuntalented Audio 2
C Audio 2
M Audio 3
J Audio 1
J Audio 1
J Audio 2
J Audio 2
I Audio 2
C Audio 1
N Audio 1
J Audio 2
G Audio 1
C Audio 3
R Audio 4
H Audio 1
Similar threads
Question How do I fix the Buzzing sound being produced by my microphone?
Question My Pioneer Receiver VSX-831 does not turn on. Network/Wireless red led light blinks erratically
Question JBL Charge 2+ solid white LED
Question Is it normal to hear white noise or a faint hiss with wireless gaming headsets?
Question All I get is static(white noise) when I use optical on my av receiver
Question Extreme amount of white noise with Audio Technica ATH-M50x
What is causing white background noise on my microphone?
Solved! Subwoofer pre out on amp to rca red and white on the subwoofer or line out rca red and white on amp to subwoofer aux in
Solved! Red Blue Gold (New Speaker Wire?)
How do I hook up a 1/8 inch male plug to 2 RCA stereo inputs? 1/8 has a red, white & bare wire. (Shield or ground?) RCA wires
I have an aux cord that I want to make longer by adding another auxiliary cord but one aux cord has white yellow and red wires
How to connect red blue green and cooper wires to red green white and black
I have two cables one with red and black wires and one with red yellow and white
How do I connect a red black and white speaker wire to a different wire that has gold red green and blue
how do i connect earphones wire red blue copper igreen and black and white
How to wire aux 3 wire , yellow orange and red to 4 wire USB red white green black
identify red white and black white wires on audio in cg captiva
green white red and black connection wires
Connecting red/black & blue/white speaker wires?
I have an auxiliary cable which has red , white and black wire . which one these in the ground wire ??

ASK THE COMMUNITY