Solved! Reduced backlight

May 12, 2019
Hello,

for some time the power of backlight is severly reduced. Below, with 100% brightness setting, you can see reduced work of led. Subjectively, I would rate half the power in relation to the past. It's hard to operate near medium (and more) lightning.
View: https://imgur.com/a/8qLAmXT

The problem occurs on Windows, Linux, BIOS. However, the leds shine at their default, full power for 1-2 seconds after turning on the computer or after lifting the laptop (from the total folding). Is it possible to repair this problem - LED driver, inverter, tape, cables - at cheaper cost or there's a need to replace the entire display? Thank you for your help.

Laptop model: Samsung NP350V5C
Display: BOE HB156WX1-200

Solution
Before going for parts, which it may well be needed, but I suggest trying the following first...

1. Go into "Control Panel" and then "Power Options".

2. Click the "Change plan settings" link next to which ever plan you are currently using and then click "Change advance power settings".

3. In this new window click "Display" to open up the listings under it.

4. Now locate and click each of the following..."Display brightness", "Dimmed display brightness" and "Enable adaptive brightness".

5. Change each of these to the settings you wish, then click the "Apply" button and finally the "OK" button.
Before going for parts, which it may well be needed, but I suggest trying the following first...

1. Go into "Control Panel" and then "Power Options".

2. Click the "Change plan settings" link next to which ever plan you are currently using and then click "Change advance power settings".

3. In this new window click "Display" to open up the listings under it.

4. Now locate and click each of the following..."Display brightness", "Dimmed display brightness" and "Enable adaptive brightness".

5. Change each of these to the settings you wish, then click the "Apply" button and finally the "OK" button.

Solution