refurbish old asus laptop

hoorhay

Estimable
Sep 9, 2014
Bought an ASUS ROG laptop from a customer today for $100 flat(off his outstanding bill with us.) It's a first gen i7 with a 5870M. Pretty much the old HDD is hanging a lot and there's some corruptions with the current os install.

My course of action would be to ditch the junk mechanical and throw a 240GB SSD in, reload the OS with the key on the bottom. And there's one keycap to replace as well. Just curious what the community thinks I could resell it for. Give the foot traffic my shop gets, I'm not too likely to snatch a gamer that's in the market for a laptop "too" soon. So might just list on craigs/ebay as well. Any thoughts on a fair price, but to also make my profit on this? I'm into it for about $180-200 relatively considering it's about 2-3 hours of bench time replacing the drive, reinstalling windows then updating drivers & manual updates.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834220695

Might have been stupid of me to snatch it up, but it looked like a decent grab to me.

Solution
These laptops are going for around $450 on EBay, so if you dropped in an SSD and reinstalled Windows onto that, you could probably ask for around $500.

-Wolf sends