Regarding failing laptop components.

Avik Garain

Estimable
Apr 29, 2015
Hey all. My laptop, an ASUS R510JX, has suddenly started behaving in an erratic and faulty manner. The most common problems being that sometimes windows 10 x64 won't boot up and instead stay on asus welcome screen or in a black screen. To resolve it, i have to completely reinstall windows using bootable USB drive. Then sometimes, it would act very slow, like folders taking long time to open up and load, system becoming unresponsive, etc which prompts me to do a hard shut down by pressing down the power button or removing the battery. However, after that windows won't boot up and i have to reinstall it to fix it. During bouts of unresponsiveness, upon opening task manager, ill see my disk usage is near 100% and the system usage is only at 0.1Mb/s. Once during a clean reinstallation, windows failed to recognise the hdd while formatting the C drive and when i cancelled and restarted the installation, my whole hdd was formatted into full 1tb of unallocated space. Further, its important to mention i game on it a lot and i have dropped heavy items like filled water bottle, etc on it MANY times, mostly near the palm rest region. Also, when i had installed a very old build of windows, games that used to run fine before now ran at unplayable fps, although installing windows build 1709 mostly fixed the issue(they used to run a bit more faster when laptop was new). So after compiling all these issues, can you guys narrow down and point to the faulty/failing component in my laptop. I dont know but obviously the hdd seems to be at fault. And many sorry for such a long post. Please help!

Solution
I think either the HDD connection is loose or it's simply dying.
My mother's Acer laptop had similar issues and was almost new.

Maybe you could buy a new HDD, or better, SSD which aren't expensive nowadays.
Switch your disks and re-install Windows on the new one.

My 2 cents. Good luck!

br00n0

Estimable
Nov 18, 2015
I think either the HDD connection is loose or it's simply dying.
My mother's Acer laptop had similar issues and was almost new.

Maybe you could buy a new HDD, or better, SSD which aren't expensive nowadays.
Switch your disks and re-install Windows on the new one.

My 2 cents. Good luck!

Solution