Solved! REL brand 205 sub-woofers

jerbeak

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2010
Are REL brand sub-woofers good quality? They seem pretty expensive. Is there another brand that will give me good performance? I am not an audiophile---.

Solution
It depends. My favorite "inexpensive" sub is probably the SVS PB10-NSD, but that's around $500 (hence putting inexpensive in quotes). I would say to get truly decent bass, you need to spend at least $400-500, but if you can't do that, then there are some other options available at a lower price range.

cjl

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2008
REL is quite good, but they certainly aren't the only good choice (or even close to it). What's your budget, and how big is the room? Will it be used for music or movies?

jerbeak

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2010
Budget is open but I don't think our ears can tell the difference between speakers. How cheap or expensive to you have to go to be able to tell the difference?

cjl

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2008
It depends. My favorite "inexpensive" sub is probably the SVS PB10-NSD, but that's around $500 (hence putting inexpensive in quotes). I would say to get truly decent bass, you need to spend at least $400-500, but if you can't do that, then there are some other options available at a lower price range.

Solution