Relationship Found Between Facebook and Syphilis

Status
Not open for further replies.

brendano257

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2008
Just to clarify for the media: Facebook does not cause syphilis, nor do video games cause violence. Stupid people use these things and then do stupid things, no relation really.

chickenhoagie

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2010
Did they mean that our computers are at risk of syphillis, due to facebook's malicious filled apps and links? ..yeah lets go ahead and jump back to the fact that first person shooters are linked to gun violence.

G

[citation][nom]Glorian[/nom]Is it ironic than I am gonna share this on my facebook account?[/citation]
I just posted it to my Facebook account as well. Along with, quoting the no glove typing comment as the title. Lets see what my idiotic school friends have to say about this one.

tipoo

Distinguished
May 4, 2006
Hey look! A correlation! It MUST be the cause!

NAAT. Stupid study is stupid. Maybe kids with more access to technology just bang more.

UbeRveLT

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2009
Wow, just, wow. do these people have nothing better to do?? I mean seriously, thats about as stupid as saying that I should not talk to ANYONE cause I might find that I like them, and that could eventually lead to sex and an STD. WTF???

G

tell something someone doesn't know about facebook/myspace/twitter. doesn't everyone use them to cheat on their lover?

mdillenbeck

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2008
Umm... this article says correlation and the researchers hypothesized that it the cause of the correlation was the ease which strangers could hook up and have casual sex. (Sounds much more plausable than if they said people who are promiscuous are the ones that sign up for Facebook - but it is just a hypothesis, not a proven theory.)

Anyway, it is a shame this is about Syphilis and not AIDS - 'cause now we are missing out on those jokes about how Facebook helps spread viruses. :p

pojih

Distinguished
May 21, 2009
[citation][nom]MDillenbeck[/nom]Umm... this article says correlation and the researchers hypothesized that it the cause of the correlation was the ease which strangers could hook up and have casual sex. (Sounds much more plausable than if they said people who are promiscuous are the ones that sign up for Facebook - but it is just a hypothesis, not a proven theory.)Anyway, it is a shame this is about Syphilis and not AIDS - 'cause now we are missing out on those jokes about how Facebook helps spread viruses.[/citation]

it can't be aids, they aren't talking about a third world country.... DUHHH

shqtth

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2008
Well most girl on facebook have 300+ to 1000+ friends. So, I would be careful with those girls haha. Like they say 'I wouldn\t touch her with a 10 foot pole'

Status
Not open for further replies.