RelevantKnowledge suddenly appeared in PC

btr999

Honorable
Oct 17, 2013
I turned on my pc today and soon there was a shaded window popped up from right corner and it was something about RelevantKnowledge. I then looked up in add/remove program and removed it.
But how did it get installed? I haven't downloaded or installed any software in a month and only browse regular websites. The only update I have done recently was to Mailbird (a mail client).

Solution
You can look in the programs folder or programs folder (x86) and see if it left a folder there. If it did, you can see the modified date, and maybe see when it was installed. If you hadn't uninstalled it, you could've seen when it was installed in the control panel.

I would advise running through the malware guide in my signature to verify any leftover threats are gone.

otterjones

Honorable
Jul 21, 2012
You may want to go to Bleeping Computer and download JRT, ADWCleaner, and Malware Bytes Anti-Malware. It most likely came bundled in with installed software, or downloaded while you were on the internet and installed silently. Run those three programs and it should clean up anything on your PC.

aford10

Distinguished
You can look in the programs folder or programs folder (x86) and see if it left a folder there. If it did, you can see the modified date, and maybe see when it was installed. If you hadn't uninstalled it, you could've seen when it was installed in the control panel.

I would advise running through the malware guide in my signature to verify any leftover threats are gone.

Solution