Reliable, accurate history of Laptop features ???

abacene

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2011
Hello;
I have been searching for a complete, reliable and accurate history of Laptop available features, (especially by brand/manufacturer?) - say, from the year 2000 to the present. No luck so far. Where can I find such an article???

abacene

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2011
Al I am really asking about is laptop features, not individual laptops;
When did they start putting GPS into laptops?
When did they stop putting floppy drives into laptops?
When did they first start including internet access via the cell phone network?

This stuff should not be that hard to find....

abacene

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2011

Actually, I am asking for the information; hoping someone has a clue where to look, as I have already done net searches for it before posting here...

abacene

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2011
I very recently received two notices that there were additional answers/replies on/to this thread - I come to check, and see nothing new.

What really bothers me is that such basic info is so hard for me or anyone else to find in the first place. It just doesn't make sense.

The forum software / database is having some issues. And that spills over into the email auto responders.

It seems that no one else but you would like to have that particular info. I havent seen or heard about anything like for a single model line, let alone all the different MFGRs with all their different models.
I would think it's a LOT of work for which there might be little demand.

abacene

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2011
Ok... For the second or third time now....

I am looking for BASIC information. Specifics of manufacturers would be great, but a BASIC timeline is what I am really looking for.
If you don't have such information, and don't have anything positive and helpful to contribute, please do not reply, as I do not like wasting my time getting notice and coming to this site to find no helpful information - alright?