Remember when TV was FREE!! Those were "the good old days"

Carolyn Walker

Estimable
Apr 7, 2015
People have to BUY the TV and then PAY to watch it. Did we see this coming? I will be retiring this year or next and wanting to keep monthly expenses low I resent being made to pay any additional cost to watch TV especially since the majority of channels are not something I am interested in. Shouldn't the "customer" have options? I protest and feel there is no solution. Thanks for letting me sound off.

Solution
If you want to see what free, Over-The-Air broadcast channels are available in your area, you can start here at AntennaWeb.Org. Just enter your zip code and click the submit button. The list on the left will show you what channels are in your area and how far from you they are. The map on the right will show you the directions of the broadcast towers which, depending on distance, may influence the type of antenna you may need to purchase.

Speaking of the "Good old days", when was the last time you admonished the kids, telling them to go watch TV and they responded, "but there's nothing on!"

-Wolf sends
If you want to see what free, Over-The-Air broadcast channels are available in your area, you can start here at AntennaWeb.Org. Just enter your zip code and click the submit button. The list on the left will show you what channels are in your area and how far from you they are. The map on the right will show you the directions of the broadcast towers which, depending on distance, may influence the type of antenna you may need to purchase.

Speaking of the "Good old days", when was the last time you admonished the kids, telling them to go watch TV and they responded, "but there's nothing on!"

-Wolf sends

Solution
In the "old days" you got maybe 7 channels plus a few additional high band channels for free over the air. Today with digital TV you can get 3 - 5 times that many for free. You may still not have much to watch but it is a fair comparison.
You can connect your TV to your computer or buy a box or stick that will let you access tons of entertainment for free online.