Remote Plex Server and File Transfer

Sep 19, 2018
Hello.

I'm looking to create a Plex server for my parents to use at their new home. I have this setup already on a PC and will more than likely be using team viewer to remotely access the machine if it stops working or any issues arise. My question is would there be a way to have that PC at their home access my WD MyCloud that I have at my home? It has all my media already on it and I thought it may be easier/cheaper to see if it can be remotely accesses rather than me copying all the media to a hard drive for them. I have a WD 4TB My Cloud Home Personal Cloud Storage - WDBVXC0040HWT-NESN. If this isn't possible, would TeamViewer be the best option to transfer files from my PC to theirs? I'm not expecting blazing fast speeds while doing this, but I want to make sure I'm not missing a better option. Would TeamViewer also be reliable? I used to use this to access my plex server at my own house and would randomly find that TeamViewer wasn't running on the remote PC, or wouldn't startup when the PC booted even though I had this enabled.

Thank You

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Apps General Discussion 6
M Apps General Discussion 1
C Apps General Discussion 1
D Apps General Discussion 3
N Apps General Discussion 2
L Apps General Discussion 1
devilgodspider Apps General Discussion 2
D Apps General Discussion 1