Removal of Adware? Help?

TheGameAce

Estimable
Feb 3, 2015
So, I just finished walking my friend through fixing his PC. The guy that built it for him was a moron, installing things wrong, etc, causing major issues. He powered back on, we discussed anti-virus, and found he was using Malwarebytes for scanning, where I recommended AVG, Norton, or McAfee. He said he also had Avast... I checked, and it's Adware and viral. It won't uninstall, and it keeps trying to embed itself and prevent itself from being uninstalled.
It says it uninstalled, and then it starts scanning. Can you assist me with instructions so I can help him uninstall it properly?

Solution
Simple.
Power the system on.
Keep tapping the F8 key.

Till you are presented with the windows Os booting mode options menu.
Choose safe mode.

Let windows load, and then uninstall the software.
Since in safe mode it only runs the core set of drivers and windows tasks.
And does not load any third party programs such as Mcafee ect, launch them at the startup of windows OS when set to safe mode.
It should then uninstall without any problems, by using the programs and features , add/remove software option of windows.

Or while in windows click on start, in the search box type : msconfig
Press enter.
When the window opens click on the startup tab.
Where it lists Mcafee ect just untick the tick box next to it, or any other program set to run...

Shaun o

Distinguished
Simple.
Power the system on.
Keep tapping the F8 key.

Till you are presented with the windows Os booting mode options menu.
Choose safe mode.

Let windows load, and then uninstall the software.
Since in safe mode it only runs the core set of drivers and windows tasks.
And does not load any third party programs such as Mcafee ect, launch them at the startup of windows OS when set to safe mode.
It should then uninstall without any problems, by using the programs and features , add/remove software option of windows.

Or while in windows click on start, in the search box type : msconfig
Press enter.
When the window opens click on the startup tab.
Where it lists Mcafee ect just untick the tick box next to it, or any other program set to run at windows Launch.
Click apply, restart the system in normal windows mode and uninstall the software then.

Solution