Remove a site that is downloaded to my phone

kekainaz

Prominent
Jan 23, 2018
I downloaded a weather sight to my phone that i did not mean to how do I delete it? So my phone goes back to the way it was before

Solution
Well now you can't download a 'site' that way. It would be saved to your bookmarks in the browser. Saving the actual page is also possible, but on a phone it would take a lot to save a whole site. Perhaps you mean an app?

If it is a saved page, you would have to go into the browser app settings and then your bookmarks to remove it. Or should it not be listed, you would then have to go to the browser's privacy settings and clear the cache. Which would clear anything saved like that in the browser.

Now should it be an app that was installed, you just go to the phone's settings and then apps. From there you can locate the app and uninstall it.

Should none of this work, you may want to try starting up the phone in "Safe Mode" and then...

kekainaz

Prominent
Jan 23, 2018
MERGED QUESTION
Question from kekainaz : "I downloaded a weather sight to my phone that i did not mean to how do I get rid of it"

I downloaded something I don't want. how do I delete it

Well now you can't download a 'site' that way. It would be saved to your bookmarks in the browser. Saving the actual page is also possible, but on a phone it would take a lot to save a whole site. Perhaps you mean an app?

If it is a saved page, you would have to go into the browser app settings and then your bookmarks to remove it. Or should it not be listed, you would then have to go to the browser's privacy settings and clear the cache. Which would clear anything saved like that in the browser.

Now should it be an app that was installed, you just go to the phone's settings and then apps. From there you can locate the app and uninstall it.

Should none of this work, you may want to try starting up the phone in "Safe Mode" and then try doing the above steps.

Should all of these not help, then you may have a malicious app, virus or malware on the phone now that needs to be removed.

To get into "Safe Mode" please do the following.

1. First turn off the phone.

2. Next press and hold "Power" until you see the manufacturers logo on the screen, then release the power button.

3. "Quickly" press "Volume Down" and hold it for few seconds until you see the message "Safe mode: ON" or something similar.

4. If you wanted disable it, simply repeat the steps above, and you should see "Safe Mode: OFF" rather than on.

Solution