Remove Adobe Flash Player Update Service from Registry

MikeyJones

Honorable
Aug 17, 2013
I have tried to remove the Key AdobeFlashPlayerUpdateService because it refers to a Legacy product which shipped with the system (11.6.r602 and it will not update (problem caused the application to stop working correctly.) and the Microsoft Windows popup continues to annoy me. Two Keys relate to that update which I can do myself and have been doing each time as necessary a update.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\AdobeFlashPlayerUpdateSvc

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet002\Enum\Root\LEGACY_ADOBEFLASHPLAYERUPDATESVC

and

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet002\Enum\Root\LEGACY_ADOBEFLASHPLAYERUPDATESVC\0000

Neither will the Registry allow me to make changes to it on these three Keys above so I would rather simply remove it to stop the annoyance. I was reading about editing the Registry using a Batch File and thought I should joine to ask first before I attempt to understand these writings first.

MikeyJones

Honorable
Aug 17, 2013

No, I did try Registry Cleaner not ccleaner and Registry Cleaner only could give me results without a printout or copy save result to look at so I made image captures of everything, it cleaned nothing sort of a disabled trial and I removed that program.

I just tried resetting the permissions of the three Keys in the Registry and the Registry would not allow me to change the permissions so I will have to do this through a Batch File I suppose there's no other way to get around the system registry denial.

MikeyJones

Honorable
Aug 17, 2013

I will try v4.04.4197 (25 Jul 2013) Standard and see what it can delete from the registry if it can't delete it then I have to return to a Batch solution.