remove system authentication password prompt

shukokai51

Commendable
Jul 29, 2016
Hi, I have a Dell inspiron 5520 on which I set up a system password which I now want to remove/ disable. But I cannot find where to disable/remove this feature in the setup? Under security tab it shows in "black" admin password-not installed, system password-installed, (this is the one I set up). Then below that admin password in "black", under this system password in "blue" and under this hdd password, password change (permitted) and computrace (deactivate) also in "blue".
when system password is highlightedand I press enter it only gives me the option to change the password, not to disable/turn off? Any ideas? I know it can be done but maybe I'm looking in the wrong area? I am on legacy boot. I have also tried changing to uefi boot to see if it gives me other options. but can't seem to find the right area to be in.
Any help from you guys would be much appreciated. thanks in advance.

Dragos Manea

Estimable
Mar 30, 2015

You rushed, it is not the case, he knows the passwords, he just want to deactivate it and doesnt know how.
OP go to change it, you insert the old password and when it prompts for the new password if you leave the field blank(you dont insert a new password, just hit enter) should work.

shukokai51

Commendable
Jul 29, 2016

shukokai51

Commendable
Jul 29, 2016
Just to point out if you read the post clearly, I already had the password, I just wanted to disable it so the blue box didn't show on start up. Contacted Dell via Facebook chat and nice man said in setup/ security leave the password fields blank. It worked, problem sorted. The simplest of things sometimes works!