Solved! Renaming files' extension in subdirectories

Izdihar

Honorable
Sep 18, 2015
Hello all,
My pc was attacked by a trojan, i arrived to stop it & get rid of it, but now all my files's extensions are modified & this malware added
.enfp extension to them.

I need to know how to Rename files' extension in sub-directories, I used the command ren in command prompt for files in a folder, like this:
rename *.enfp *.

But i have a lot of subfolders with files renamed, how can i do it with less time?

Solution
Yes there is a good chance the files are actually encrypted and won't open even when you rename them.

For renaming things, it's impossible to make it go faster sine you need to know what the file should be, and it's not likely they are all the same file type.

The correct way to handle this is to do a restore from a backup, but it does not seem to have been done, so the thing here is to learn to do backups for next time if you can manage to get your files back and functional.
Yes there is a good chance the files are actually encrypted and won't open even when you rename them.

For renaming things, it's impossible to make it go faster sine you need to know what the file should be, and it's not likely they are all the same file type.

The correct way to handle this is to do a restore from a backup, but it does not seem to have been done, so the thing here is to learn to do backups for next time if you can manage to get your files back and functional.

Solution
I also suspect the files have been encrypted by ransomware and since the program didn't finish and give you the contact for decrypting, you are SOL. I hope I'm wrong.

To answer your original question, search on the internet for rename all files in tree. Lots of information there.