Repair or Give Up on Lenovo Yoga 3

ScottAD

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2012
So I bought this from Offer Up a few months ago and decided I didn't like it. Sold it on EBay and shipped to Hawaii. It somehow was damaged in transit and now it's back in my possession.

Originally cost me $500. Now I am wondering if it is worth repairing. The model is a Yoga 3 20DM008UUS which has the Wacom digitizer to it. OEM screens seem to be ~$300 and up.

7DWRdRlh.jpg

b7LQchsh.jpg

bzW6lLsh.jpg

Solution
Did you purchase insurance on your shipment? If so you may be able to file a claim for reimbursement. UPS automatically insures the first $100, if you used them. looks like you'd need more than just a screen to repair it though and new ones go for about 800 bucks. If you're spending 300+ on just a screen, you'll be into it for at least the cost of a new one. might be better off to sell it for parts and recoup as much of your original 500 as you can.

MidwestG37x

Commendable
Dec 11, 2016
Did you purchase insurance on your shipment? If so you may be able to file a claim for reimbursement. UPS automatically insures the first $100, if you used them. looks like you'd need more than just a screen to repair it though and new ones go for about 800 bucks. If you're spending 300+ on just a screen, you'll be into it for at least the cost of a new one. might be better off to sell it for parts and recoup as much of your original 500 as you can.

Solution