Question Repair Sony SRS Xb41 speaker

Oct 21, 2021
Hi so I feel pretty dumb posting this but here's the thing :
My dumb self tried charging the speaker with my laptop charger (12V) and now my device doesn't work anymore because obviously it charges on 5V.
I disassembled the thing and nothing looks damaged inside so do you guys think there's any way to fix this?
Model of the speaker is in the title, thanks in advance for your help!

Last edited by a moderator:
If you don't see any visible burns on the boards of popped capacitors do you have a voltmeter? You'd have to go through the power circuitry and check for continuity and proper voltage on the various components, what that is you would have to sort out by looking at the board components.

Oct 21, 2021
If you don't see any visible burns on the boards of popped capacitors do you have a voltmeter? You'd have to go through the power circuitry and check for continuity and proper voltage on the various components, what that is you would have to sort out by looking at the board components.
Unfortunately I don't have no multimeter and there's no apparent sign of burn on the charging circuit or on the main board either, my guess is that some SMD fuse is busted but I've got no idea how to test that atm, guess I'll just have to buy a multimeter.
Also I've looked if there was any way to buy a spare charging circuit board but with no success.