Replace laptop motherboard with different Rev version

TaylorTech179

Commendable
Apr 24, 2016
Hello all,

I am replacing a motherboard on an HP G7-2254ca laptop and have a question. I can't find the exact model (R33 DA0R33MB6F0 Rev:F) of the motherboard which includes the AMD HD7670m graphics chip as well. The closest thing I could find was the right model number for the motherboard, the AMD 7670m chip, but it is Rev:E instead of Rev:F. Will that work as a replacement?

The boards look almost identical other than the colour of plastic in the CPU socket and RAM slots.As well on the product page it says it supports a bunch of models up to the G7 2054CA, but not the 2254CA.

Thanks in advance,

Taylor

bjsm

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2011
I would not take a chance. If its says it doesnt support the 2254CA, don't waste your time. Probably some small little diffrences (enough to not fit or not be compatible). Maybe you can find some way to make it work but i wouldnt recommend it. You would be taking a big chance.

bjsm

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2011
I would not take a chance. If its says it doesnt support the 2254CA, don't waste your time. Probably some small little diffrences (enough to not fit or not be compatible). Maybe you can find some way to make it work but i wouldnt recommend it. You would be taking a big chance.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 1
b0rnt0rul3 Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 4
C Laptop Tech Support 3
C Laptop Tech Support 3
V Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 9
G Laptop Tech Support 1
E Laptop Tech Support 1
D Laptop Tech Support 12