Replace one hard disk with ssd

Solution
Hi there tash1108,

You can go to Disk Management and post a screenshot of it. Just upload the screenshot to an image hosting website and post the link.
Over there, you should be able to see which is your OS drive.

Or, you can just remove one of your two drives. In case the system boots, then the one that remained in the laptop is the OS one. :)

Cheers,
D_KNow_WD

D_Know_WD

Estimable
Hi there tash1108,

Yes, as long as the HDD is 2.5' and it fits in, you should be able to do that.

You want to replace your OS HDD right? If this is the case, then you can even consider cloning your OS drive onto the SSD. Most of the HDD/SSD manufacturers have their own cloning tools. This would create exactly the copy of your OS drive and put it on the SSD. After that, you just switch places.

Some third party tools would do the job as well: http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/277484-32-best-disk-cloning-software

Let me know in case you have some more questions,
D_Know_WD :)

tash1108

Commendable
Nov 17, 2016
Thank you a lot :)

But i had installed two os on my laptop. Then i removed one OS so now am using windows 10.

When removing the HDD from my laptop, how will i know which one contain the OS and remove it ?

D_Know_WD

Estimable
Hi there tash1108,

You can go to Disk Management and post a screenshot of it. Just upload the screenshot to an image hosting website and post the link.
Over there, you should be able to see which is your OS drive.

Or, you can just remove one of your two drives. In case the system boots, then the one that remained in the laptop is the OS one. :)

Cheers,
D_KNow_WD

Solution