Replace Sky HD box with Humax DTR-T2000

Tom113

Commendable
Jul 23, 2016
Leaving home and want to set my parents up with a less expensive TV set-up and the DTR-T2000 looks like just the ticket. I've got two problems though-
1. Antenna - Can I just put a cable from the sky box into the antenna in port? Will that work OK or will I need to install a new antenna?
2. Other TVs - The sky box is also the source for two other TVs round the house. Looks like they're fed from an antenna out port on the back of the sky box. Is it as simple as plugging that into the antenna out port?

Solution
If, like me, you're in Britain, any Freeview box will connect to a Sky dish and provide quite a lot of channels. The SCART lead still goes into the back of the TV set and that removes the need for a coaxial aerial cable.

We still have Sky in the house but in my office outside, I have Freeview and the box cost me about £28 from Amazon.
If, like me, you're in Britain, any Freeview box will connect to a Sky dish and provide quite a lot of channels. The SCART lead still goes into the back of the TV set and that removes the need for a coaxial aerial cable.

We still have Sky in the house but in my office outside, I have Freeview and the box cost me about £28 from Amazon.

Solution