replacement for old Zune

Jun 8, 2018
My 30 GB Zune finally died. I had it hooked up to a docking station that had speakers. Used the Zune software to load mp3 files from my PC.
I'm looking for a similar setup with whatever's out there now. I want a way to store and manage mp3 files on PC, then transfer to mp3 device which would be connected to some sort of speakers.
I don't need wireless connectivity or batteries -- plug in to the wall is perfect. Do need a way to get and manage files from PC. Don't want to use a cell phone and don't need portability.
Any suggestions? Thanks.

Solution
If you search online for a DAP (digital audio player) you will find many in a very wide range of prices. Most of them use SD cards for storage. They can all connect to a PC with USB and you can drag and drop files to the player with no software needed. You can connect the player to any self powered speakers Some have bluetooth for a wireless connection for home and car.
https://www.themasterswitch.com/best-digital-audio-players
Another option would be to use a Denon Heos speaker. Most of these have USB ports so you could load all your music on a stick. Control is via the free app for many devices. Additional speakers could access the files in different rooms. Also does streaming from the most popular services and internet radio.
If you search online for a DAP (digital audio player) you will find many in a very wide range of prices. Most of them use SD cards for storage. They can all connect to a PC with USB and you can drag and drop files to the player with no software needed. You can connect the player to any self powered speakers Some have bluetooth for a wireless connection for home and car.
https://www.themasterswitch.com/best-digital-audio-players
Another option would be to use a Denon Heos speaker. Most of these have USB ports so you could load all your music on a stick. Control is via the free app for many devices. Additional speakers could access the files in different rooms. Also does streaming from the most popular services and internet radio.

Solution