Question Replacement laptop wont turn on

Sep 24, 2019
I recently was given a brand new replacement laptop from Geek Squad as they were unable to repair my old laptop under warranty. When I brought it home and plugged it in, the charging light turned on but the laptop would not start up. WhenI hold the power button the power on light turns on for about 4 seconds then turns off. The screen never turns on. I have tried 2 different ac adapters, both turn the charging light on when plugged in. I also unplugged the laptop and tried turning it on with the same results, so the battery is holding a charge. Does anyone know what could be wrong(no windows, no bios?) and how I could go about diagnosing it/fixing it before I bring it back to geek squad? They have proven to be awful at diagnosing(took them 3 visits before they gave up and gave me a new laptop).

Bring it back to them and have them look at it. If you start messing with it you may do something they say voided the warranty. For a new system, plug it in, let it charge for a bit. If it does not turn on with the power button (don't hold it in, just press it), that is an issue for the warranty.