Replacement platter for systemdek

jzach402

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2010
Hello,

Just need advise on replacement platter for the Systemdek IIX.

Found "Isokinetik" on the web which sells acrylic platters as upgrade for the systemdek IIX. However I could not find enough info how well their products are.
Has anyone here dealt with them before? Has anyone used their acrylic platters?
Any info or comment would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

The mass of a platter lowers the resonant frequency, so if the replacement is lighter, the resonant frequency will be higher, and may cause rumble or feed back at high sound levels.
Acrylic does not hold it's shape, and tends to warp over long time periods, and shrinks with age.
So, it might just be a gimmick.
Do you NEED a replacement platter?

julian-useche

Honorable
May 18, 2012

Acrylic platters are great , better than glass in my opinion , my llX gave up, motor seems to run uneven, i got parts for sale including an Acrylic platter ,j-us@hotmail.com

julian-useche

Honorable
May 18, 2012

. I beg to differ , i had mine for several years now and is in perfect condition , but of course i have taken good care of it , it has never been exposed to the sun or high temperatures , it has not discolor
and i have used a mat over it , these platters are best in photography ,one can also apply a blue light behind it for an outstanding look,performance wise they tend to diminish the static , a common problem with Lp´s , i use a static-off gun like tool plus i clean my records regularly . Having said that i hope that are acrylic platters owners who will agree with me

musical marv

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2011
Are you a audiophile?

julian-useche

Honorable
May 18, 2012
I am an avid music listener and i have a nice collection of gear from record players, Reel to Reels, Tube Amplifiers ,CD players , and DAC, twenty pairs of speakers , Martin Logans, Accoustat, Dali, Pioneer(old ones) Heybrook,Epos 14 .Snells. B&W .B&O +++,
Does owning all this old stuff makes an audiophile , Probably .............???