Replacing ASUS charger for Model X205T Eee book

KsCanoeist

Estimable
Feb 13, 2015
My daughter has an ASUS model X205T EeeBook and the charger plug is broken. The charger is model ADP-33AW 8 with a rectangular DC-IN plug (about 1.2mm high X 3.3mm wide - NOT a barrell type plug). I can't seem to find a replacement anywere. I have tried all of the laptop charger sources plus Amazon and Ebay with no luck. Dealing with ASUS directly was not simple, way too much red tape, but that may be my only choice. i would rather not pay as much as the computer cost for the new charger as was the case for one source from China.

ktriebol

Honorable
Feb 22, 2013
Based on what I have heard from other X205TA owners, a replacement charger is not available at this time. Perhaps it will become available in the future as demand slows for the X205TA.

bjmg325

Estimable
Apr 11, 2015
My son got the same laptop for Christmas. We bought it from Staples on Black Friday for $100. From December 25 to April 2, is how long the plug lasted. First, the wire was broke, prior to the plug, then the terminals in the plastic part of the plug, where the wires connect, broke. After finding out how hard it was to get this charger, I didn't want to get another for nearly the same price as the computer, nor did I want to invest in another laptop for my 9 year old, so I got creative. I opened up the back of the laptop and soldered the wires from the charger to the back side of the circuit board where the female charger socket terminals were. After carefully soldering the wires, I looped a little more of the cord inside the back of the computer, and used black electrical tape to hold it to the board so the case could go back together. Now, it charges all the time it is plugged in and if it is unplugged from the wall, it still runs on battery. AND, if there ever becomes a charger available a a reasonable price, I can still plug it into the laptop socket. You can take your laptop to an electronic repair store and any true professional can hard wire a laptop, as well. Hope this provides a cheaper solution for you and all others who have experienced this same exact problem.

alberto11057

Estimable
Jun 1, 2015

http://www.asusparts.eu/en/Asus-0A001-00342700 This is a orignal asus website, unfortunalty its in euros

banorgang

Estimable
Jun 26, 2015