Replacing Dell 15R 5537 Touch screen LCDwith FHD non touch LCD

Zain_25

Prominent
Feb 15, 2017
The laptop has vertical lines of dead pixels running across the screen and I want to get the LCD replaced. Now the non touch screen model of this laptop has a Full HD variant (1920x1080) as opposed to the standard 1366x768 WXGA HD display while the touch models only come with the WXGA HD LCDs.

Can I replace the LCD of my touch screen model with the FHD one? I have been able to detach the digitiser from the LCD itself and have the hinges and screws so I would assume it would be a simple case of changing one LCD with the other. The replacement touch screen models all come with the digitizer and hinges attached which is not something I require so it would be easier (and cheaper!) if I only got the LCD replaced.

Solution
You will have to check the pin configuration. I just replaced the screen on a 15-7537 and while this customer had the 1366x768 WXGA touchscreen, my technician ordered the wrong Full HD screen, and the pins were completely different.
You will have to check the pin configuration. I just replaced the screen on a 15-7537 and while this customer had the 1366x768 WXGA touchscreen, my technician ordered the wrong Full HD screen, and the pins were completely different.

Solution